Welcome to Abertawe Medical Partnership
We are delighted to have launched a new service called "Ask My GP".
- You can register for askmyGP now without any paperwork.
- All of our registered patients are welcome to use this platform. If you are a parent/carer, you may also use this to contact us on behalf of a patient
- Ask my GP is available between 7 am and 11.30am Monday to Friday and all calls received will be actioned on the same day.
- IF YOU HAVE AN URGENT MEDICAL REQUEST BETWEEN 11.30 AND 6.3OPM THAT CANNOT WAIT PLEASE CONTACT THE SURGERY VIA TELEPHONE. AFTER 6.30PM PLEASE CONTACT 111 IF URGENT OTHERWISE CONTACT US NEXT DAY AFTER 7 AM.
- If you have a medication query or request please use the link below.
- If you have a vaccination query, please email SBU.COVIDBOOKINGTEAM@WALES.NHS.UK. We are unable to answer any vaccination queries on the phone.
- If you want to contact the surgery for any query, you can email Enquiries.W98608@wales.nhs.uk>
CLICK BELOW TO CONTACT US!
Repeat Prescription Ordering
Please click here for more information on how to order your repeat prescriptions online!
*PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY RUNNING OPEN SURGERY. WE ASK THAT PATIENTS REGISTER FOR THE ASK MY GP SERVICE FOLLOWING THE LINK ABOVE.
*SEE BELOW FOR OUR LATEST PROCEDURES - THESE ARE CHANGING ON A DAILY BASIS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION PLEASE CALL US.
- PRESCRIPTION ARRANGEMENTS - You may order your prescription as normal, however as the doors are closed there will be no patient collections. Please contact your local pharmacy to arrange for collection. Alternatively, let us know what pharmacy is most convenient for you and prescriptions will be distributed to your chosen location.
- Our walk-in Baby vaccination service on a Thursday afternoon is now at High Street Surgery. We have changed these to appointments, contact the surgery to arrange a suitable time.
- PHLEBOTOMY SERVICES - There is no phlebotomy service at the surgery at this current time. Please contact reception for more information on how to book a blood test at your local hospital.
WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED, BUT THESE ARE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES TO PROTECT OUR PATIENTS, THE PUBLIC AND OUR STAFF.
As you will know, Coronavirus has swept across the globe and has now arrived in the UK. If you have travelled to any at-risk countries or have any cold like symptoms, DO NOT COME IN TO THE SURGERY!!! This is to protect both yourselves, patients and staff. Please see the links below for some VERY important information on staying safe.
CORONAVIRUS - PUBLIC ADVICE
Isolation note information --> https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
(Site updated 20/05/2021)